Compass Box Wonder Artist #11 is a complex and lavish blended malt, created by Compass Box for the Artist #11 Pentalogy range by La Maison du Whisky. The blend consists of two ‘very old’ single malts: a Highland malt makes up 66% of the blend, and the other 34% is an island single malt. Wonder is a peaty whisky, with earthy and medicinal notes. Pentalogy is a special edition of La Maison du Whisky’s renowned Artist range, released in 2021 to celebrate the company’s 65th anniversary. The range features five bottlings created in collaboration with Compass Box. Inspired by Aristotle’s philosophy, each whisky is named after one of the virtues. The artworks adorning the bottles are created by surrealist artist Charlotte Massip. She draws inspiration from the anatomic drawings of Vesalius, the machines of Leonardo da Vinci, and Dürer’s engravings. By combining historical references and modern elements, a unique contemporary work arises. Only 384 bottles of Compass Box Wonder Artist #11 have been released.