Old Fitzgerald One Pint 1941-1946 is a very special Bottled-In-Bond bourbon that was produced during the Second World War. The bourbon was distilled in 1941, in the early days of the legendary Stitzel-Weller distillery, and bottled in 1946 at 100 proof. The legendary Stitzel-Weller Distillery was founded by Julian ‘Pappy’ Van Winkle in 1935. The company was a combination of the wholesale liquor business W.L. Weller & Sons, where Pappy started his career, and the A. Ph. Stitzel Distillery, from where Weller sourced its whiskey. Crisis hit the bourbon market in the 1970s, and Julian Jr. was forced to sell the distillery and all its brands to Norton Simon, who renamed it the Old Fitzgerald Distillery. Norton Simon moved production to the new Bernheim Distillery in 1992, closing the Old Fitzgerald Distillery. The old Stitzel-Weller brands were sold to other distilleries, with Old Fitzgerald going to Heaven Hill.